Monday, March 7, 2011

It's official.

I woke up this morning to get ready for another day of subbing at a local middle school. Ready to face the day ahead, I got out of my car, walked through the wind, and opened the door to the school. I stepped into the building when I heard a noise. Something was squeaking. I looked down to find the offending noise. 

The noise was coming from my shoes. 

That's right...the noise was the unmistakable sound of rubber on a flat surface.

That's when I realized I'm officially a teacher.


No more shoes that make me taller than my students. I'll have to adjust to being short.

No more shoes that make me feel sophisticated. It's time to focus on comfort.

Sigh. 

Goodbye, pretty, pretty shoes.

I'll miss you, old friends; but I'm a teacher now. 

1 comment:

Nonna said...

LOL, I still have dreams of gorgeous high heels and occasionally I still wear them ( for as short a time as possible ! )

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews