Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bad Things & Good People

I've never truly been able to answer the question, "Why do bad things happen to good people?" All around me there is tragedy and turmoil. The first thing that comes to mind is, "Why?!"


The hubs showed me the answer.    :)

In John 9:3, Jesus tells his disciples why bad things happen to good people. This passage deals with a man who has been blind since birth. As humans are prone to do, the disciples immediately try to figure out who did something wrong. Why else would this man be unable to see?

But Jesus said, "It was not because of his sins or his parents' sins...this happened so the power of God could be seen in him." 

With that in mind, I'm accepting all the things that come my way with grace and dignity. I'll use negative circumstances and unpleasant encounters for the glory of God.

The Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes.
-Psalm 118:23

Total Pageviews