Monday, February 28, 2011

Voice of Truth

Reading is one of my favorite hobbies. I love it. I'll read just about anything. Why, then, do I have such a hard time reading my Bible? 



Because it isn't easy for me to accept everything that's in there. 

"Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another—showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God's way. Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us."
2 Timothy 3:16-17 (The Message)

Who honestly wants to be corrected? 
Who wants to be told they are wrong? 

Fortunately, God has not given up on me. He is creating in me a desire to read His word, a desire to learn more. In doing this, he will show me what is true, what is right. I am being molded and modeled.

I can't wait to see the result.



2 comments:

Ronnica said...

Good! I find it hard to consistently read the Bible. I think it may be because I prefer the new and exciting of other reading, while I too often see the Bible (wrongly!) as stale. Clearly, I don't value it as the Word of God!

Lindsey V said...

I think this is a life long Christian struggle, and I just thank Him for HIs grace for me and that He knows my heart. I also just recently changed reading plans so we will see how that goes! ;)

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews