Just before Christmas, my kitchen cabinets were painted. They were originally a yellow oak finish, and the kitchen was DARK! They look great, but something was missing. The hardware needed to be changed; so the hubs and I looked around, but new hardware is expensive. Instead, I bought a can of oil-rubbed bronze spray paint. Now my hardware looks fabulous, if I do say so myself! Here's how I did it:
1. Take off the existing hardware.
See the old color? Yuck!
2. Give the knobs a good scrub.
3. Get the knobs ready to paint. I had an old piece of styrofoam that I was able to use. I stuck the knobs through the foam. That makes them stand tall, so they're ready to paint.
5. Give the hardware a generous coat of paint. (It may take 2-3 coats.)
6. Finished! And now my hardware looks brand new...for only about $5!
I'm a happy, happy girl!