Thursday, April 14, 2011

Calm, or The Lack Thereof

This week, I have had a smile plastered on my face, had a helpful heart, and my feet have kept moving. Outwardly, success. Below the surface...I'm anxious, apprehensive, agitated. There is so much going on right now that I feel overwhelmed and powerless. 

It's hard for me to realize that I don't have to handle everything alone. These things that are going wrong were planned by the Creator of the universe. He knows the number of hairs on my head (not many these days...I'm pulling it all out!). He knows my heart better than I do. 

He knows how my heart breaks.

He knows when I cannot handle anymore.

He hears when I cry. 

So why am I so panicked? Why am I wasting precious time and energy with worry? My prayer for this week is that my soul will be calm. I need a little peace. And I'm giving all my worry to the One who controls all things. He knows what to do, how to do it, when to do it. 

He knows; he just knows. 

"Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. You guard all that is mine."
-Psalm 16:5

Mama’s Losin’ It

Total Pageviews