Monday, April 11, 2011

Becoming Passionate

Have you read Sense and Sensibility? Without giving away the plot, the story involves a family of a widowed mother and three daughters. Two sisters, Elinor and Marianne Dashwood, are polar opposites. Elinor, the eldest, is very composed, reserved, and polite. Marianne is spirited, tempestuous, and passionate. Throughout the novel, we see the benefits and disadvantages of both sisters' dispositions. 



I'm a little more Marianne-ish. Sometimes my passion rears its ugly head  takes over. When something upsets me, I'm more inclined to yell, to have fits of emotion. The hubs...he's a saint. He's the male version of Elinor. He sits patiently and waits for my frenzy to subside. 

Passion is needed in life. 
Passion is what moves us. 
Passion is what makes us feel valued. 

Passion is universal humanity.  Without it religion, history, romance and art would be useless.  ~HonorĂ© de Balzac




Total Pageviews