Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dear Students

If I could send a message to all of my students, I have a few things I would say...

10. It's okay to say, "I don't know." Admitting that does not make you stupid.



9. Be honest. Your integrity can be shattered in only a moment; it takes a long time to make it whole again.

8. Remember your mistakes. They do not define who you are, but they are there to guide you.

7. Learning is lifelong. Leaving school does not mean that you leave learning behind. If you stop learning, you stop living.

6. Get enough sleep. Lack of sleep can affect your lifestyle more than you realize now.




5. Take the time to talk to your parents. They love you more than you understand, even when you think they don't understand.

4. You will not please everyone. Don't try.

3. Forgive. There is nothing like releasing resentment to feel better about yourself and life in general.

2. Most friends come and go; cherish those who never leave.

1. Use proper grammar. I know you're "gangsta," and it's cool to talk like you text, but you just can't replace intelligible conversation.




Total Pageviews