Tuesday, November 23, 2010

10 Things to be Thankful For

1. In my classes of 7th graders, there is always so much going on. These kids deal with more at that age that I ever dreamed of. I don't miss the drama.  I AM THANKFUL FOR GROWING UP.

2. My cat sheds and my dog throws up sometimes. I AM THANKFUL FOR MY PETS AND THE WAY THEY TEACH ME TO LOVE UNCONDITIONALLY.  

3.  My clothes are a little too tight. I AM THANKFUL THAT I HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT.

4. I like to hit the snooze button on my alarm because I am not a morning person. I AM THANKFUL TO BE ALIVE ANOTHER DAY. 

5. Sitting in class today, people are talking and being generally annoying. I AM THANKFUL THAT I HAVE THE ABILITY TO HEAR. 

6. I get restless just like everyone else. I often want to get away, to go somewhere a little more exciting. What I often ignore is the higher cost of living  and an increased crime rate in these "exciting" cities. I AM THANKFUL FOR MY LITTLE TOWN.

7. My plans don't always work out the way I would like. I AM THANKFUL FOR SECOND CHANCES. 


8. I have been reading until my eyelids absolutely cannot stay open any longer. The final semester is winding down. And I'm rushing, cramming in as much information as humanly possible. I AM THANKFUL THAT I HAVE THE ABILITY TO READ.

9. All last week my husband drove me back and forth to school because his truck was in the shop. I got a little grumpy because that took up what used to be my "quiet time." The hubs never complained. I AM THANKFUL TO HAVE A HUSBAND WHO WILL DO ANYTHING FOR ME.

10. Grudges come naturally to me. It's incredibly easy to be mad at someone who has treated you badly. If I choose not to forgive, Christ cannot forgive me. I AM THANKFUL FOR FORGIVENESS.

Total Pageviews