Monday, November 22, 2010

Forget What You Believe

Normally, I don't get political or controversial here. Today, however, I am really feeling pressed to share something a little different. 


First of all, I am not conservative in my political beliefs; neither am I liberal. Some of my views fall  into the conservative category at times, but I also possess views that would be considered liberal. With that being said, one of my biggest complaints is that people who claim to be spiritual or religious often choose one side or another and follow the guidelines blindly. Politics are a necessary evil, but they should not dictate the way we live. I do not believe that homosexuality is natural. I do not believe that abortion is an appropriate alternative. I do not believe that the death penalty is a suitable punishment...for anyone. Agree or disagree with me as you please. It doesn't matter because it won't affect how I live. 


For a moment, forget what you believe. Underneath our ideals and pretenses, we are all the same. No matter what we believe, we all have the same basic needs: food, shelter, and belonging. 


We all want to be loved. 




Whatever you believe, live a life of love. Care enough about the future of the world to love everyone, regardless of differences. 


"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." 

 Mother Teresa

Total Pageviews