Friday, November 12, 2010

Mountains and Molehills

What a crazy week.

Even when I'm at my worst, God uses my faults to guide me and teach me.

I spent all day Wednesday pouting. Why, you ask? After all of my hard work, I will not graduate with an honors diploma. GASP!
I wanted an honors diploma, not only for the recognition, but also to prove to myself that I can overcome my past and my mistakes. It just wasn't meant to be. Mountain or molehill?

On Wednesday night, my mom became sick, and we had to rush her to the emergency room. That, my friends, is the real mountain.

Missing out on an honors diploma is still a big thing to me, but in reality, it's only a molehill. Through God's grace, my mom is home, and she will be fine. Through God's grace, I've gained some perspective. How often do I make a huge fuss over a minor issue? Too often. How often do I gloss over a major issue? Too often. God used a potentially horrible situation to show me how selfish I can truly be.

This week, I'm praying for guidance to know the difference between a mountain and a molehill.

Total Pageviews