Thursday, May 27, 2010

Summer Lovin'

For those of you who know about Arkansas weather, summers are hot and humid. The days are sweltering...the kind where you can hardly walk to the mailbox without sweating.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm a cold weather person. I love nothing better than bundling up in a cute coat, complete with scarf and hat. (This set is perfection!) Like anyone else, I do have my limits...after a month or so of single digit temps, I too am ready for some warmer weather. 90 degrees and humid isn't exactly what I had in mind.

Rather than complaining, I want to take some time to be thankful for where I live. It's hard to compete with Arkansas in the spring and in the fall, but there has to be something pleasant about summer...right? So...to get myself into an attitude of thankfulness and optimism, here are 10 things I love about summer.

1. Tank tops and skirts
2. Coconut lotions
3. Smell of honeysuckle coming through the windows
4. Watermelon
5. Suntans...in my case, sunburns, but I may end up with a little color if I'm lucky! :)
6. Road trips
7. Reading outside under the trees
8. Abundant sunshine and a few summer storms
9. Swimming...in a lake, at a beach, or in a pool-it's fun anywhere!
10. Snow cones (my favorite summertime treat!)


What do you love about summer?

Total Pageviews