Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Are You There God? It's Me, Danielle!

I'm learning to listen.

What makes that process so difficult?!



Lately I've been doing too much talking. With my mouth constantly moving, how can I hear what God may be saying to me? Even when I'm not talking, it's easy to avoid listening. You can choose to completely ignore everything, or you can choose wait for what you want to hear, a trait my mom always referred to as "selective hearing."

Maybe it's my human nature that gives me a sense of responsibility and control, but in actuality God takes care of everything. Deep down inside, I know this. But it's too easy for me to try to take over and run things on my own. *sigh* I'm a control freak.

My goal for this week is to LISTEN. I want to wait and hear what God has to say to me. As much as I love my own ideas and advice (note the sarcasm!) I think it's time for me to pay attention to someone who sees the big picture. Feel free to give suggestions on how to listen and let God guide!

"Be still and know that I am God."
-Psalm 46:10

Total Pageviews