Sunday, August 29, 2010

Repeating 7th Grade


The internship has officially started, which explains the long period of time with no posts. :0/
I'm back in the classroom!
It's a wonderful feeling to be surrounded by students again. I did not realize how much I missed be arounds them and teaching them to appreciate new things!

One of the things I've learned so far is that I do not want to be a teacher who gets stuck in her own ideas or her own way of doing things. I've started a new habit every morning. On my way to school, I turn off the radio and spend time in prayer. It seems so simple that I don't know why I hadn't done it before! In spending this time talking to God each morning, I'm preparing myself for a long, sometimes stressful, day of teaching and interacting with students.

As the new school year begins, let's spend more time in prayer for our students. They deal with more than we can understand. As the next generation of doctors, politicians, moms and dads, these kids deserve our prayer!

Total Pageviews