Monday, September 20, 2010

Yesterday

"But it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then."
-Alice, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland




Do we change from day to day? Should we?

According to Romans 12:2, we should rely on God to create a change in us. I like the way the New Living Translation puts it:

"Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, b
ut let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."

After reading that verse today, I've come to realize that it's okay to change. In fact, God expects and requires change! Every day, I should allow room for Him to work in me.

I hope that I am different today than I was yesterday; and I hope that I am different tomorrow that I was today!



"There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears."

Philippians 1:6, The Message

Total Pageviews