Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Father's Love

Two of my favorite people in the world are my parents. They are truly amazing.


This week, my favorite radio station had a challenge going to call in and describe your father in seven words or less. Hard, huh? How can someone who's done so much for me and loved me unconditionally be summed up in that small amount of words? Words often fail, but I'm going to attempt to describe my dad with only 7 words. Here we go...



1. Godly
2. Hard-working
3. Loving
4. Patient
5. Quiet
6. Funny
7.Helpful



Whew...that was hard. My dad is made up of many great qualities, and there just isn't room to list them all! I wish everyone could know the love I was given as a child and still continue to receive, even though I don't deserve it. My dad and mom have taught me lots of things, from how to drive a car to how to read. But most importantly, they set godly examples for me. Through my dad, I've learned what truly matters: it's not what you have or where you've been, it's where you're going; kindness and sincerity will take you far; and attitude is everything. :)

To my dad, Happy Father's Day. You're the best, and I am so thankful for the example you've set for me. You mean more to me than you'll ever know.






Total Pageviews